Tuesday, April 18, 2006

About me... and them, too.

I'm Sara-- married to Einstein, and mother of three beautiful and spirited children: Sunburst, Moonshine, and Kitty Bill. Except for myself, I use aliases for my family to honor their privacy. Since this is my space, it seems only right.

We're homeschoolers currently living in the midwest, the Swiss countryside, England. We teach our children using mostly Waldorf Education in an eclectic mix that strives to honor each individual child-- his/her needs, interests, and learning style. It's honestly both the hardest and the most rewarding thing I have ever done.

When I'm not homeschooling the children, I enjoy making things-- knitting, sewing, gardening, cooking, general crafts-- and writing. I have a professional background in art and massage therapy, but none of those things hold a candle to being a mom.

I started this blog in April of 2006 to share our homeschooling experiences with distant family and other homeschoolers. I found so much inspiration from other homeschooling moms that I wanted to give something back. Our journey hasn't always been easy-- from accidents and deaths to overseas moves-- but one thing has prevailed: we're still living and learning together, enjoying each other and growing together. To me, that's what it's all about.

I invite you make yourself at home as you peruse the pages of our lives. It is my hope that you'll find some inspiration here. So pull up a chair, have a cup of tea, and enjoy your visit.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:02 PM

    I so love your blog. When I think of homeschooling, and what it's about, and why anyone should do it...I think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you! Your sweet comment sure brings a huge smile to my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your site so reminds me of home, well, my other home in northern germany. it just feels so right.
    thanks for all of the lovely posts.
    -anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I just wanted to officially up my status from Lurker to Commenter and say how much I too enjoy this blog. I'm just beginning my own Waldorfish homeschooling journey and am completely overwhelmed (in a good way) and inspired. Thanks for all the beautiful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely comments, Anna and Shalimar! I'm so glad to have you here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely space you have here. I'll be back! Kyndale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Kyndale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:32 PM

    Thank you - your blog is inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:08 AM

    hello - your blog is wonderful. what a pity i hadn't stumbled onto it earlier, as we live in switzerland... we'll be starting our waldorf-inspired homeschooling this summer and i'm so exited about it! thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danjanay, thank you! It is a pity. We would have loved to meet up. Where are you in Switzerland?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I appreciate your sweet words so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Meter