Friday, November 24, 2006

CRASH!

That's our car.

Sunday afternoon we were hit head-on by a 16-year-old who lost control around a slick curve.

We hurt. There were six of us in the car, including the kids. It happened so fast. It was terrifying and horrible and crazy.

We're still trying to assess the extent of our physical damages. They carted us all off in an ambulance, and we got to learn all kinds of things about x-rays and cat-scans and ivs and saline and iodine. We learned about broken bones and wheelchairs and leg immobilizers and crutches. We learned how much a head-wound bleeds versus a tounge-wound. We learned about shock and shivering and that we don't EVER want to learn about this stuff again. As long as we live.

We live. We're alive. ALIVE! And it blows my mind and heart wide open.

There's so much to be thankful for.... but now, I need to go lay back down. More to come.

Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this must continue to be terrifying! YOu will be in my thoughts. The only tip I can give you is even if someone in your family is "feeling just fine", don't tell the insurance because it can take up to 2 weeks for problems to show up. I had a very low impact crash a year ago, and my back didn't start hurting until a week after. Then I was in chiropractic treatment for 6 months.

    I hope you are all well taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:03 AM

    Tho I am not one of your "regulars" I just have to say how glad I am you survived, and how sorry I am this happened - absolutely scary - please take care of yourself and be well - Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... wow. I'm so glad to hear you are all okay. Amazing, really.
    Take care, Sara, and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Wow, Sara! I'm just glad you're all alive! From the looks of the car, that was a nasty crash. You and your family are in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I appreciate your sweet words so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Meter