Thursday, August 05, 2010

Saint Elizabeth Dobro Blues

There's something infectious about songs in this family. All it takes is one person to hum a bar, and someone else picks up the tune and carries it around with them. Usually it's Kitty Bill. But any one of us is susceptible to the draw of melody. Even Einstein.

There's something very cool when a Dad picks up a song his child is learning and plays around with it. I think it gives a child more confidence in a way, more respect for what they're learning-- after all, music is cool! Especially when Einstein plays it. The kids always get a kick out of it.

I don't know quite what else to say about this, just that I have to share it with you. This is our Saint Elizabeth song morphed and played by Einstein on a homemade dobro. It makes me smile every time I hear it.


5 comments:

  1. That. Was awesome! :) Very cool! I had to look up dobro! lol What a cool dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I had to look up dobro, too. :-)

    you guys are killin' me with the inspiration. seriously! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to know that your family is just humming and singing away. We are quite fond of singing nursery rhymes around here (Mary Thienes Schunemann) daddy too. I will tell him he's not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comments. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from MEMPHIS for heaven's sake and had to look up a dobro.

    I have seen them before, just never knew that's what they are called. I'd love to see a picture of this dobro.

    Rocking, Einstein, Rocking. Right on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I appreciate your sweet words so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Meter